Annoying isn't it? The title on this question tells you nothing about the content of the post. Yet this happens. Its been happening a lot recently here on biology SE. And some users are repeat offenders. Just a handful of examples in the last few weeks:
Clearly an informative title is far more useful. It allows users to evaluate whether the question is useful or interesting to them without reading the entire post.
We very clearly ask for specific titles, even in the box where the title is typed!
Please use titles that give useful information to your fellow users.
What is a good title?
- Clear and concise, it should be easy to read so it grabs the right attention quickly
- Shows what biological problem is being considered
- Accurately describes the content of the question (is relevant)
What we should do as a community:
- Users: comment on the post to remind the OP of the need for specific titles
- Remind the OP to read the help and meta pages, including this post, for information about writing good questions
- Often bad titles are associated with bad questions, down-vote/close-vote if this is appropriate
- Moderators could you remind repeat offenders of the need for specific titles please
Is there anything else we could do?