Elected moderator on Unix & Linux.
I'm a computational biologist with a background in biology, not computers. I did my PhD work on gene prediction and comparative evolution, my post-doc on protein-protein interaction networks and I have been working in NGS analysis, specifically human variant calling and annotation, for the past several years. Jack of many trades and master of none.
Member for 8 years, 10 months
34 profile views
Last seen Apr 20 at 15:26
- Unix & Linux♦ 195.2k 195.2k 5252 gold badges372372 silver badges565565 bronze badges
- Ask Ubuntu 87.2k 87.2k 1515 gold badges177177 silver badges270270 bronze badges
- Super User 48.4k 48.4k 1212 gold badges109109 silver badges157157 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 20.4k 20.4k 1515 gold badges7676 silver badges118118 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 19.9k 19.9k 55 gold badges4242 silver badges7373 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 1183 How can I replace a string in a file(s)?
- 869 How can I replace a string in a file(s)?
- 645 Firing Community Managers: Stack Exchange is not interested in cooperating with the community, is it?
- 478 What are the shell's control and redirection operators?
- 346 What are the shell's control and redirection operators?
- 241 Firing mods and forced relicensing: is Stack Exchange still interested in cooperating with the community?
- 239 Is there a way to display a countdown or stopwatch timer in a terminal?
- View more network posts →