I am a former biochemist/molecular biologist who has been involved in bioinformatics in recent years. My first degree was in Chemistry and, although I never practiced it, I'm definitely at the structural and metabolic end of the biological spectrum.
Member for 3 years, 11 months
76 profile views
Last seen 2 days ago
- Biology 15k 15k 44 gold badges2929 silver badges6363 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 7.1k 7.1k 44 gold badges1515 silver badges4444 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 673 673 99 silver badges1818 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 551 551 22 silver badges77 bronze badges
- Ask Different 278 278 11 silver badge99 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 59 Is there an idiom for "winning a contest because you were the only participant"?
- 44 What is the sound/audio equivalent of "unsightly"?
- 36 Term for Gift that Turns out to be a Burden
- 34 Is it OK to say "The situation is pregnant with a crisis"?
- 30 Stack Exchange policy on images and the visually impaired
- 22 How do I center an SVG in a div?
- 18 Is there any idiom or proverb discouraging knowledge?
- View more network posts →
Top tags (20)
10 Redesigning Biology Stack Exchange (extended) May 8 '17
5 General quality of BioSE questions vs other SEs Aug 10 '17
4 Redesigning Biology Stack Exchange (extended) May 7 '17
4 Tidying up questions in a particular subject area Apr 15 '19
4 Trolls and censorship on SE Biology Jun 18 '17