Former research biologist, specialising in evolution, genetics and microbiology.
Well out of the research loop now, but still maintain a keen interest in pop biology and public understanding of science, especially palaeontology, medicine and marine biology.
- Literature 13.6k 13.6k 11 gold badge3131 silver badges7474 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 8.9k 8.9k 1212 gold badges7272 silver badges144144 bronze badges
- Science Fiction & Fantasy 5.4k 5.4k 77 gold badges2626 silver badges4747 bronze badges
- Role-playing Games 5k 5k 22 gold badges2525 silver badges4343 bronze badges
- History 4.2k 4.2k 55 gold badges2424 silver badges3737 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 125 When and why did orcs go green?
- 124 When and why did orcs go green?
- 110 Is it reasonable for me to complain about an objectionable newspaper being ordered for the office?
- 104 At what point is brevity no longer a virtue?
- 100 Did the UK homicide rate go up after handgun ownership was banned?
- 85 How can I learn to effectively train underskilled staff?
- 85 How to miss my own stag/bachelor party?
- View more network posts →