Parent and Physician. Parenting is the hardest job I've ever had. I've said more than once, it's easier to take care of someone with a rupturing aortic aneurysm than to handle a toddler throwing temper tantrum.
Now the challenge is to be a parent to adult, married children, and learning to be a good mother-in-law and grandmother.
First site active: EL&U.
For last year's words belong to last year's language
And next year's words await another voice.
― T.S. Eliot
Language is the most massive and inclusive art we know, a mountainous and anonymous work of unconscious generations.
What fetters the mind and benumbs the spirit is ever the dogged acceptance of absolutes.
― Edward Sapir, Language: an Introduction to the Study of Speech
Member for 6 years, 3 months
71 profile views
Last seen Mar 5 '19 at 23:01
- Parenting 59.6k 59.6k 1313 gold badges126126 silver badges207207 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 52.7k 52.7k 1414 gold badges112112 silver badges195195 bronze badges
- Interpersonal Skills 23.8k 23.8k 1515 gold badges7575 silver badges122122 bronze badges
- Biology 23.3k 23.3k 22 gold badges5757 silver badges8181 bronze badges
- Medical Sciences 9.4k 9.4k 11 gold badge2727 silver badges5555 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 210 Firing mods and forced relicensing: is Stack Exchange still interested in cooperating with the community?
- 207 What to do if you are accidentally following someone?
- 203 What to do with my pre-teen daughter who has been out of control since a severe accident?
- 177 Son was sent home from sleepover for behavior
- 164 As a pedestrian, how to get someone to stop following you in a car?
- 164 How can I stop enabling my brothers without my mom exploding?
- 154 My 16 year old daughter got a speeding ticket
- View more network posts →