Parent and Physician. Parenting is the hardest job I've ever had. I've said more than once, it's easier to take care of someone with a rupturing aortic aneurysm than to handle a toddler throwing temper tantrum.
Now the challenge is to be a parent to adult, married children, and learning to be a good mother-in-law and grandmother.
First site active: EL&U.
For last year's words belong to last year's language
And next year's words await another voice.
― T.S. Eliot
Language is the most massive and inclusive art we know, a mountainous and anonymous work of unconscious generations.
What fetters the mind and benumbs the spirit is ever the dogged acceptance of absolutes.
― Edward Sapir, Language: an Introduction to the Study of Speech
Member for 7 years, 6 months
73 profile views
Last seen Apr 12 at 5:17
- Parenting 63.5k 63.5k 1313 gold badges138138 silver badges225225 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 54.1k 54.1k 1616 gold badges118118 silver badges198198 bronze badges
- Interpersonal Skills 24.8k 24.8k 1515 gold badges7777 silver badges122122 bronze badges
- Biology 23.7k 23.7k 33 gold badges6464 silver badges8484 bronze badges
- Medical Sciences 10k 10k 11 gold badge3030 silver badges5656 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 214 What to do if you are accidentally following someone?
- 209 Firing mods and forced relicensing: is Stack Exchange still interested in cooperating with the community?
- 205 What to do with my pre-teen daughter who has been out of control since a severe accident?
- 175 Son was sent home from sleepover for behavior
- 166 As a pedestrian, how to get someone to stop following you in a car?
- 165 How can I stop enabling my brothers without my mom exploding?
- 158 My 16 year old daughter got a speeding ticket
- View more network posts →