Ko Pha-ngan Surat Thani Thailand
Member for 9 years, 6 months
I'm currently looking for part time remote work - iOS development and related technologies.
When people asked me what I wanted to do for work 10 years ago, I did not know too well, so I just said "Something to do with computers".
As I look at the last 10 years, I see that I did quite a lot of work all kinds of computers. From fiddling with microcontrollers and assembler code to writing data processing scripts to physically assembling computer consoles.
The big step forward came when I learned to think about software in a structured, object-oriented way, as this allowed me to make software do things that I want it to do. Right now I'm proficient in two high level programming languages - Objective-C and Java and have touched just about every framework available for iOS. I've also became a hacker/maker and have completed a number of projects involving software and hardware.
Right now I'm in my early 30s and when I ask myself "What would I like to do in the next 10 years?", my answer is "something with the human brain". The seeds are already there - I've picked up an interest in biology, cognitive science and neuroscience, enough to converse with real people. I've done first-hand research into sleep and made discoveries. I've taken classes in synthetic biology, performing manipulations on the bacteria genome. I've learned a lot about the neurotransmitter systems of the human brain, as well as how a biological organism develops.
It seems like there are a lot of similarities between the object-oriented concepts I use in the daily programming tasks and how biological organisms operate. This makes me hopeful that by the time I'm in my late 30s, I would be able to work and program some form of biological computer or just plain hack the human brain.
- Stack Overflow 42.4k 42.4k 5252 gold badges216216 silver badges384384 bronze badges
- Psychology & Neuroscience 9.2k 9.2k 22 gold badges2727 silver badges6868 bronze badges
- Biology 6.5k 6.5k 44 gold badges2525 silver badges6969 bronze badges
- Ask Different 1.6k 1.6k 55 gold badges1717 silver badges2828 bronze badges
- User Experience 1.6k 1.6k 1010 silver badges2424 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 484 How can I get the named parameters from a URL using Flask?
- 427 Fixing Xcode 9 issue: "iPhone is busy: Preparing debugger support for iPhone"
- 181 Android Studio how to run gradle sync manually?
- 176 ios5 ARC what is the compiler flag to exclude a file from ARC?
- 99 Xcode 6 how to enable storyboard zoom?
- 98 iOS5 Storyboard error: Storyboards are unavailable on iOS 4.3 and prior
- 84 iOS9 storyboard what is unhandled action (handleNonLaunchSpecificActions)?
- View more network posts →