Work with anything protein related (networks, consensus sequences, motifs/domains, PP interactions, post-translational modifications, MS, databases, alignments, 3D structure and conformation/folding etc) in silico, in vitro or in vivo and interested in disease modelling in model organisms such as Drosophila melanogaster.
Big fan of crowdsourcing and grid computing projects such as BOINC and support crowdsourcing projects such as Foldit and EteRNA.
I believe the future of science is in big data, big data analytics and interdisciplinary collaborations and to that extent I work with the R language on my big data projects and collaborate with scientists in many different fields. I aspire to achieve efficient R scripting/coding (the beautiful code).
Member for 5 years, 5 months
4 profile views
Last seen Aug 20 '15 at 10:02
Top network posts
- 9 How does an axon "know" it's not connecting to its own neuron?
- 9 Do flies actually take off backwards?
- 8 Why does a cockroach not die even after decapitation?
- 8 Does vinegar neutralize the strongly basic compounds in cement?
- 7 What to look for when buying a light microscope?
- 6 Why does replication require primers while transcription does not?
- 6 Should I dilute DNA with water or elution buffer?
- View more network posts →