Just Another Genome Hacker,
Sadly, my most voted-up answer on Stackoverflow (311 votes) belonged to a question that later got deleted. The question came from a girl that asked for something cute that she could put on the icing of a birthday cake for her programmer boyfriend.
I suggested that, if her boyfriend is somewhat mathematically inclined, she write the following:
sin(t) √|cos(t)| r = __________________ - 2 sin(t) + 2 sin(t) + 7/5
If he doesn't get it at first, she could tease him with saying that it is obvious that he should take the polar plot of it. If he still doesn't get it, she should tell him to enter it in WolframAlpha, that should yield the result:
- Stack Overflow 12.9k 12.9k 1818 gold badges6565 silver badges110110 bronze badges
- Photography 485 485 11 gold badge88 silver badges2323 bronze badges
- Super User 312 312 22 gold badges77 silver badges2020 bronze badges
- Bioinformatics 311 311 22 silver badges99 bronze badges
- Ask Ubuntu 246 246 33 silver badges1515 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 451 How can I format a decimal to always show 2 decimal places?
- 81 'exception has been thrown by a target of invocation' when starting up Visual Studio 2010
- 55 How to properly deobfusacte a Perl script?
- 48 'exception has been thrown by a target of invocation' when starting up Visual Studio 2010
- 43 Get all the diagonals in a matrix/list of lists in Python
- 39 Family tree layout with Dot/GraphViz
- 39 Extracting code from photograph of T-shirt via OCR
- View more network posts →