In light of AliceD's question here, I decided to start a tag: management, merging, and cleanup post. The idea is being borrowed from math.SE.
The rules of the game are:
- post your suggestion as an answer here if use see
- a particularly bad tag (rule of thumb: «roughly speaking ... if I can't imagine a person classifying a tag as either interesting or ignored, I'm getting rid of it»),
- a tag that should be a synonym of an existing one,
- a tag that used for two or more completely unrelated things;
- upvote/downvote/comment as your agree/disagree with suggestions;
- wait a day or two before implementing suggestion;
- when retagging questions by hand please keep your rate down to a few posts a day, so not to flood the main page.
The rules were borrowed from here. Also, the linked thread will give everyone and opportunity to see how it works.